Members of the Early Careers Scientists Administrative Council:
Dr. George Ook'o (Kenya), Dr. Elizabeth Arenas (Philippines), Dr. Emmanuel Hatzakis (USA), Dr. Fatima Miller (Portugal), Dr. Chibuike Udenigwe (Canada)
1. Announcing the First International Symposium of the IUFoST/IAFoST Early Career Scientist Section, Food Innovations for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to be held virtually on 15 and 16 September 2021. Mark the dates to join us.
2. The Call for Abstracts is now open for the Young Scientists Research Pitch Competition. The themes for the Pitch Competition are i) Processing for food preservation ii) Nutritional and health enhancements iii) Food packaging iv) efficient resource use. Further details can be found below (Criteria pdf file). Deadline for receipt is 31 July. Enter your abstract here.
3. To let the ECS Council know that you would like to support and sponsor this symposium and competition contact: email@example.com, attention ECS Council.
The Early Career Scientists (ECS) Section was formed to promote high standards of ethics and scientific endeavour among food scientists and technologists and to formalize a relationship for the young scientists selected to speak at the IUFoST World Food Congresses, chosen for exemplifying the best in young science from among nominations by IUFoST Adhering Bodies and members worldwide. This original group has expanded, created its own structure and, amongst other activities, will be Ambassadors for IUFoST and IAFoST. Their roles:
- Ensure active involvement of ECS in all IUFoST scientific working groups
- Provide strategies to promote the discipline of FS&T to young people – and in schools
- Implement successful methodology, ambassadorial roles
- Stimulate innovative research, publication, dissemination of scientific information for the advancement of food science and technology and food safety, nutrition and security of global food systems