Food Chemistry is a science that interacts with many other disciplines that deal with food. It is closely connected with food technology, food safety, nutrition, microbiology, amongst others. As a consequence, Food Chemistry is an essential part of IUFoST. The rationale for founding a platform of Food Chemistry is to ensure that it becomes more fully visible within the IUFoST community. The aim is to initiate international research projects, to improve education in food chemistry, and to identify topics for potential sessions in IUFoST World Congresses.
Important activities for the Food Chemistry working group include
1) The impact of novel processing on the chemistry of foods
2) Lipid stability and bulk emulsion
3) The Chemistry of nutrients and other bioactive molecules
4) The integration of metabolomics and genomics into food chemistry and
5) Food safety; simple and analytical techniques.