World Food Congress Competitions – 2018 Competitions Not Open Yet
Student Video Competition
Food science and technology is a critical part of ensuring the health and wellbeing of people around the world and is essential to resolving food safety and sustainability challenges now and in the future. How that happens is unique to each country – even right down to communities within each country. The IUFoST Food Science and Technology Video Competition is your chance to tell the story of the positive impact of food science in your region, country and/or community.
Who can enter?
Any student over 18. Note that more than one person can work on the video(s) and/or groups can enter, but only one prize will be awarded per video.
Your video(s) will be judged by a global panel of Food Science & Technology (FS&T) experts, so make sure that they focus on:
- Content – your video should emphasize the central role of FS&T in improving food-related issues in your area, such as, but not limited to, increasing longevity, sustainability and alleviating hunger through better food choices or production; enhancing nutrition; cutting down on food waste and food losses; providing education to those who do not know the importance of the discipline to their general health and well-being; FS&T along the food chain; and the impact of emerging technology
- Production value – high resolution images and sound are important to getting your message across, so make sure that your content is not undermined by poor production elements
- Creativity – Your video could be a panorama of FS&T in action, a vignette, animation, a rap, original movie, poetry, or music. It can be black and white or colour. Have fun with it and let your imagination soar.
What are the prizes?
- One (1) Grand Prize winner: $1000.00, (USD) plus a full screening during the IUFoST 2016 World Congress and formal announcement of the winning entry.
- Three (3) Finalists: $500 (USD) each
- Five (5) Semi-finalists: $100 (USD) each
- Honourable mentions: TBA
What’s the deadline?
Email to IUFoST a link to your video by TBA.
How do I enter the Competition?
Click here to read the competition rules. Be sure to follow them to avoid disqualification.
Once you have perfected your video, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject VIDEO CONTEST. The email must include a link to a video storage service which has your video (Eg. Drop Box, Google Drive, OneDrive etc.). IUFoST will upload your video from your storage site.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR VIDEO AS AN EMAIL ATTACHMENT OR AS A YOUTUBE VIDEO. SEE THE RULES FOR ACCEPTABLE FORMATS.
When will finalists be announced?
Contestants will be notified before public announcement of the winners. Winners will be acknowledged during the IUFoST 2018 World Food Congress: October 23-27, Mumbai, India.
What are the odds that I will win and what else should I know?
Of course, the odds that you’ll win are dependent on the number of entries. IUFoST retains the right to collect identifying information of the all participants in the contest. This includes the name and contact information, and will be used expressly for the purpose of notification of the winners. IUFoST will safeguard the information gathered for the purpose of this contest and in no way will distribute or sell personal information to third parties. All personal information for the purpose of this contest will be safeguarded against theft or loss by IUFoST. The identification of the winners will be made public (first name, last name, school and country only) and the consent to disclosure of this information is a condition of accepting the prize.