The International Academy of Food Science and Technology (IAFoST) is a group of elected distinguished food scientists and technologists who collectively form a pool of scientific expertise in food science and technology from which IUFoST may draw non-aligned expert advice on scientific matters.
The purposes of the International Academy are:
- To identify and recognize individuals distinguished by their scientific and professional contributions to food science and technology
- To foster international cooperation and exchange of information,
- To promote food science and technology and other sciences of importance for this area, and
- To stimulate international education and training in food science and technology.
Elected Fellows of the Academy represent no organisation but serve as independent persons to work and promote high standards of ethics and scientific endeavours. They are at the forefront of IUFoST, helping to strengthen global food science and technology for humanity.
IAFoST does more than simply afford recognition of its Fellows. It takes its own initiatives, with appropriate co-ordination and agreement of the IUFoST Governing Council, to promote food science and technology, stimulate education and training, and improve international cooperation. Among its activities, the International Academy
- nominates candidates for the IUFoST Scientific Council for IUFoST Delegate approval
- sends proposals as requested for members of working groups, Commissions to the Board and Scientific Council
- provides jury panels for awards and expert resources for education assessments and curricula development
- interfaces with other international organisations
- plans strategies to further the goals of IUFoST.
Read the IAFoST Statutes here.